Kate Hedin DJs!
New Blood Night!
This Tuesday is one of our favorite nights at the Jam cellar. It's our New Blood night, our Spread the Love event, our Bring-One-Get-One, our Free Samples giveaway. This week only, bring a friend who has never been to the Jam Cellar and you both get into the dance for free. To accommodate the loads of soon-to-be-lindy-addicts, we will have two free drop-in beginner lessons. One will start at 8 p.m. and the other at 9 p.m. If you're still on the fence about inviting your people, we've got 11 undeniably persuasive reasons why it should be a done deal.
1. Fall television hasn't gotten THAT exciting yet. Plus, we never watch when it airs anyway.
2. You can finally show your co-workers why you look hungover on Wednesdays.
3. It's a fantastic way to impress the hot ones in your life. We like skills – bowhunting, log running, dancing, etc.
4. There's an evangelist in all of us waiting to come out.
5. The bent iphone conversations are getting old. This event is your chance to steer the water cooler groupies into far more stimulating discussion.
6. It's a perfect opportunity to ask that cute guy/gal out. Think about it – formalized interactions, romantic music, excuses to be close. You'll probably have to get his/her number to coordinate details. It's a win.
7. Those millennials among us need to remember how to do stuff like that – or just simply interact with people.
8. Shopping at Urban Outfitters or H&M doesn't make you a hipster. Neither will this. But it's less mainstream than what most people do on a given Tuesday.
9. They've Facebook stalked you and think your dancing photos are badass. Give them the chance to one day be as cool as you.
10. Dancing produces endorphins. Endorphins make people happy. And happy people are far less likely to go on a rampage. Just think of the implications. You might win the Nobel Peace Prize.
11. Did we mention it's free?
How could you not be convinced? We'll see you (both) there!
P.S. Regulars, we haven't forgotten about you. We will be holding an intermediate aerials class upstairs at the usual 8 p.m. Bobby and Kate will be tag-teaming with Jeff and Kelly to make sure everyone has ample instruction. Bring your own partner and sense of confidence, but if you both bring a new friend the evening will only cost you $15.
Next Beginner Class: Charleston w. Jeff & Kelly, Begins Oct 7th
Next Inter/Adv Class: Aerials w. Bobby & Kate and Jeff & Kelly, Begins Sept 30th.
Special: Thriller! Oct 2nd- 23rd.
Next Glen Echo dance: TBA, Nov 15th.
Lastly, Wanna Volunteer?
Want to get in free to events? Get discounts on classes? Get a better understanding of the interconnectedness of all things? Volunteer! Just email email@example.com